Loreto College Coorparoo is committed to the realisation of Mary Ward’s vision that ‘women in time to come will do much’.
Loreto is a place where young women are inspired to find God’s presence in the ordinary; to seek to embrace each moment and to do so with grateful hearts. This requires the awareness of the simple, ordinary moments of life and to see the holiness that exists in all of life and creation. Mary Ward was independent of spirit, strong, tenacious and courageous in breaking new ground. The young women who are educated at Loreto are called to be “seekers of truth and doers of justice” exerting a lasting influence on their world. They are courageous, caring, resilient, socially responsible people with a sense of place in the world; where needs must, they do this by challenging normative ideas and cultural models.
A love of Jesus and dedication to the Gospel values underpin learning and community well-being. These inform all of our actions, guide our future direction and challenge us to be ‘seekers of truth and doers of justice’.
At Loreto College Coorparoo, the five values of Loreto and Mary Ward are key to achieve this:
- Felicity – to be people of joy, optimism, hope and laughter.
- Freedom – to act out of love not fear; to be inwardly free to refer all things to God.
- Sincerity – to be such as we appear and appear such as we are.
- Verity – to seek and find the truth about ourselves and our God; to do what we have to do well.
- Justice – to act justly, to love tenderly, and to walk humbly with your God.
The current “Loreto Schools of Australia Mission Statement”, published in 1998 and revised in 2010 can be accessed via the link below. This mission statement is the foundation of the seven Loreto schools in Australia, including Loreto College Coorparoo.