The group meets once a month to plan and coordinate social and fundraising activities and assist with College Music events. They also provide a point of contact for parents of Music students and it is a great opportunity for bringing together like-minded parents whose daughters share an interest in music and performance.
All parents are invited to participate in this group and can contribute by attending the monthly meetings, donating prizes for fundraising activities and / or assisting at Music events.
2020 Meeting Dates
The Music Support Group meetings are held in Cruci (ground floor) commencing at 7.00pm
Wednesday 5 February – Welcome Supper and monthly meeting
Wednesday 11 March
Wednesday 22 April
Wednesday 13 May
Wednesday 10 June
Wednesday 22 July
Wednesday 19 August
Wednesday 9 September
Wednesday 14 October
Wednesday 11 November
2019/2020 Music Support Group Executive
|President||Please contact the College|
Find out more by contacting the College directly firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trivia Night, Saturday 6 June 2020
- Live and Wired Music Festival, Sunday 30 August 2020
Music Department Events
The group also help to organise or run many events. Their assistance at the Mid-Year Concert, Music Night, Senior Extension Recitals, QCMF, Music Camp, Trivia Night, Inter-House Music Festival and Music Breakfast is a vital part of the success of music at Loreto.
The considerable financial support generated by the group’s fundraising efforts each year allows the Music department to:
- Pay for specialist conductors for extra ensembles;
- Fund music scholarships that both assists some students to excel in their chosen instruments and encourages others to try instruments for which we have need;
- Purchase expensive instruments whose presence benefits the entire program through their use in a variety of ensembles (eg. Xylophone, Drum Kit, Baritone Sax and Double Bass).