The group meets once a month to plan and coordinate social and fundraising activities and assist with College Music events. They also provide a point of contact for parents of Music students and it is a great opportunity for bringing together like-minded parents whose daughters share an interest in music and performance.
All parents are invited to participate in this group and can contribute by attending the monthly meetings, donating prizes for fundraising activities and assisting at Music department events.
Music Support Group 2019 Meeting Dates
Meetings are held in Cruci, Ground Floor at 7.00pm
Wednesday 13 February
Wednesday 20 March
Wednesday 20 April
Wednesday 15 May
Saturday 8 June – Loreto Trivia Night
Wednesday 12 June
Wednesday 24 July – AGM
Wednesday 21 August
Wednesday 18 September
Wednesday 16 October
Wednesday 13 November
2019 Music Support Group Executive
|President||Esther Dabinettemail@example.com||0420 924 151|
|Treasurer||Nikki Reidfirstname.lastname@example.org||0416 232 806|
|Co-Secretary||Paul Issacemail@example.com||0417 075 500|
|Co-Secretary||Marina Weirfirstname.lastname@example.org||0418 744 226|
- Trivia Night, Saturday 8 June
- Live and Wired Music Festival, Sunday 20 October
Music Department Events
The group also help to organise or run many events. Their assistance at the Mid-Year Concert, Music Night, Senior Extension Recitals, QCMF, Music Camp, Trivia Night, Inter-House Music Festival and Music Breakfast is a vital part of the success of music at Loreto.
The considerable financial support generated by the group’s fundraising efforts each year allows the Music department to:
- Pay for specialist conductors for extra ensembles;
- Fund music scholarships that both assists some students to excel in their chosen instruments and encourages others to try instruments for which we have need;
- Purchase expensive instruments whose presence benefits the entire program through their use in a variety of ensembles (eg. Xylophone, Drum Kit, Baritone Sax and Double Bass).